Sunday, March 17, 2013

Moving Forward


Well, I have officially been on a vegan diet (at least 90% vegan) for 2 full weeks now.  I feel great and eating like this is not as hard as I thought it would be.

Here are some of the health benefits I have noticed over the 2 weeks I've done this:
  • more energy
  • achiness in joints gone!
  • lost weight
  • my complexion is clearing
  • less water retention
  • alertness
  • more mental clarity
  • much better mood!
  • blood pressure is lower
  • sleeping better at night
  • my step feels a bit lighter
  • Laughing with my kids more
So I would say that is a pretty darn good list for just 2 weeks!  My next goals are to incorporate more juicing and more exercise.  When I mentioned above that my diet has been 90% vegan, there were about 3 out of the total 42 meals I had where I ate a little fish or chicken.

My girls have been somewhat following along with me.  They have continued to pack much healthier lunches for school.  Margaret enjoys vegetables much more than Anna so it has been a little more fun for her.

I plan to move forward with this lifestyle change and see where it takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment