Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 4 - What the?

Funny story....

I was running late this morning and didn't have time to pack my lunch so I figured I would stop at the Pick n Save in Waupaca and pick up a salad. (I work in Waupaca)  Most Pick n Saves now have an open salad bar with all sorts of fruits and veggies.

Noon rolled around and I headed to the store to find they did not have a salad bar.  I looked around in their produce area and located a pre-made salad with romanine lettuce, tomatoes a little crab meat and egg slices.  It looked pretty fresh and healthy so I grabbed it along with a container of mixed raspberries.

I got back to work and gobbled it down like I usually do during a lunch hour and thought to myself, "Hey that was pretty good!"

I then proceded to collect my empty container for the garbage and noticed the ingredients label on the bottom.  Glancing at it, I expected to see "romaine, tomato, crab, egg, carrot..."  To my suprise I found something quite different...

 
WHAT THE?????
I was amazed at all the wierd stuff listed.  I sure didn't "see" that stuff in it. 
Where did it come from?
Lesson learned. - Don't buy pre-packaged even if it looks fresh.
 
When I got home from work I decided to try a black bean burger recipe.  The ingredients were simple:  black beans, salsa, carrots, and oatmeal - blenderize it, patty it, bake it.  They turned out really good but the majority of the household was afraid to try it.  Finally Margaret tried it when I told her it tasted like refried beans - which she loves!  She ate it.  SCORE!  She was then rewarded with a glass of rich, chocolately almond milk.  :)
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment