Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 2...Experimental.

The girls and I woke up and decided to try a "Big Delicious Bowl" for breakfast.  It consists of a handful of grapenuts, a handful of dry oatmeal, a handful of shredded wheat, a small handful of almonds and a mixture of strawberries and bananas topped with some almond milk.  It was very filling and very fiberous!

The girls happily packed whole wheat tortillas filled with greens and veggies along with cut fruit and a few more almonds AND some new fabulous HEALTHY chocolate cookies that I made last night.  When they came home from school I asked how their lunch was and they liked it!  Score!

Tonight we all helped make veggie pizza (on a corn tortilla).  Well, Anthony hated it, Anna didn't like the sauce or the tortilla and Margaret just tolerated it.  I thought it was just fine but I may need to tweek this one a bit!


I feel pretty good today.  I had energy (didn't feel like sleeping during my work meeting).  I am guessing that as I eat healthy each day, I will continue to feel better.

Here is the link for those wonderful cookies!
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2390317

BTW - I also add 1 cup of dry oatmeal to the cookie dough and it is out of this world!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment